Sunday, August 16, 2009

National Weight Control Registry

The National Weight Control Registry is a collection of people (18 years or older) in the U.S. who have lost at least 30 lbs of weight and kept it off for at least one year.

There is variety in how NWCR members keep the weight off. Most report continuing to maintain healthy eating and plenty of activity.

* 78% eat breakfast every day.
* 75% weigh them self at least once a week.
* 62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.
* 90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.

Some other interesting facts: Members have lost an average of 66 lbs and kept it off for 5.5 years. Weight losses have ranged from 30 to 300 lbs. Length of weight loss ranges from 1 year to 66 years! 45% of members lost the weight on their own and the other 55% lost weight with the help of some type of program. 98% of members report that they modified their food intake in some way to lose weight. 94% increased their physical activity, with the most frequently reported form of activity being walking.

I've been thinking alot lately about maintaining this weight loss. It seems that the things it takes to lose the weight are the things to maintain the ideal weight....

No comments: