Sunday, August 16, 2009

I'm Soaked

Just finished a run at the park.

Nope, not soaked with sweat. Soaked with rain water!

Probably, not the smartest decision to take a quick run in between all the showers we've been having today.

When I got to the park, it wasn't doing anything. I thought great! I'm gonna get a quick 3 miles walk/run in. Making sure to take it easy not to re-injure myself. But about 1/4 of the way through my first mile, a few drops of water hit my arm. No biggie I thought. About 1/2 way through, the drops started hitting in a distinct pattern. I started to pick up the pace....Then it really started coming down...and the lightening and thunder started! I started to run - slower than usual - didn't want to hurt anything...Then it started pouring. I couldn't hardly see with the lenses of my glasses. 'Dear God...Please let me make it to my car without getting hit by lightening!' I prayed. I made it, but I am completely soaked.

I don't have wash & wear hair!!!!!!! What was I thinking?

But on a completely other note, maybe I've been running a little too hard. I ran slower than usual today to ease back into exercise, but I noticed I ran at a slower pace. I felt pretty good, and didn't have to recover so long/hard.

And lastly, my new sneakers felt great!

No comments: