Sunday, April 15, 2012

Set Your Sights High.....


Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Eileen Caddy

(vision board -- work in progress)

I've been wanting to work on a vision board for a little over a year...Last year, my sister made one and I loved it. And then a few months later, a coworker finished hers. Then early this year, a friend made created one. Ro is Getting Fit made one. A few weeks later another friend attended a party where the host provided everything needed to make a board...My friend ended up making two...

So, when I sat down to write my the things I wanted to accomplish for 2012, I put create a vision board on the list. A few weeks ago, I had some (much needed) time off from work and sat down to get to work on it. I decided to only use images and statements from magazines. I had a ridiculous stack of magazines I needed to read through and recycle anyway...

 Completely the board took more time than I expected. 1) I finally "read" through the backlog of magazines. 2) Selecting the images, statements, and layout took me forever. But I'm super pleased with the outcome. I decided to put it in a super nice frame (I got lucky and found some great ones 60% at Joann's Fabric's).




I broke my board into sections...Health and Fitness; Love & Family; Travel; Success - Life, Career, & Entrepreneurship; Faith & Spirituality; Giving Back/Volunteering. I actually ended up with another cuttings for two boards. So, I made another one!


I finished the last board up on Thursday! They encompass what I want and what I am working for now and in the future. 

3 comments:

Papi's Girl said...

I know the imporatance of creating positive energy to help fuel your journey. I am glad you finally made your board. I haven't made a board in a while but I have lots of pictures and inspirational quotes posted around my house to remind me of my goals. Good luck to you. I am sure you will reach many of your goals this year. :) I am cheering you on.

ChiChi said...

Your board looks great! I've collected all these magazines and haven't gotten around to making one yet. You have definitely got my wheels spinning to make one! :) I know you will meet your goals!

MS. Bad Mama Jama said...

@ papi's girl -- thanks so much! i wish you all the best with your goals too!

@ ChiChi - thanks! yep...i had a collection of magazines too ;). taking sometime off of work is what freed me to work on it...i'm sure you will meet your goals too!