Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The List

My list for a potential spouse used to comprise of: 1) Spiritual, 2) Hardworking, 3) Family Oriented, 4) Willing to Try New & Different Things, & 5) Active In The Community - among other things. But, lately, I realized that to that list I also value and want: 6) Physically Fit and 7) Health Conscious.




I don't just want a spouse who tolerates my healthy eating and working out. But, someone who supports and encourages it. Someone who challenges me to new levels. Maybe we could even work out together sometimes...Running a 5K together or going for a hike. I want my kids to embrace being active too. My father ran track in high school and college. He always kept us active - riding bikes in the park, running on the track, flying kites, camping, etc. I want my kids to be active and love it too. My brother, sister, and I all did basketball, cheerleadering, volleyball, or gymnastics. My parents were supportive of all these activities.




I want to be with someone who values the importance of eating right. Eating right enhances energy levels and life quality. Also, longevity -- I want a partner who will be around for the long haul. I want my children to understand the importance of eating healthily. I don't want them to grow up not knowing how to make good choices or struggling with junk food in the house. I'm thankful that my parents raised us with wheat bread, 2% milk, and veggies & fruits. I think they did a pretty good balance most of the time...We also ate pizza, Mcdonalds happy meals, and Braum's ice cream BUT not every once in a while. My brother had some serious life threatening food allergies (that he thankfully grew out of) and we spent plenty of time in health food stores getting some of his specialty food items. 


After workout class a few days ago, my friend and I were chatting. The chat turned to our love lifes. She mentioned that she is hoping to meet the one soon...(actually I am too). But, she said she realized how could she want someone to be fit and her not be too? I told her my list used to have just have nice looking on it. But, now, I want that healthy, strong, and active (too).  

3 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

I have to agree with you 100%. My only thing is I do not want someone to be telling me, "Oh should you really be eating that?" or "Aren't you going to the gym?". I hope that when I do meet that special someone being active is a big part of their life.

Papi's Girl said...

I agree. Good list you have going there. :)

MS. Bad Mama Jama said...

@MH - Me too! I'm hoping for someone who will be balanced and sensible not - judgemental!

@PG - :)