When I first started this exercise...I thought simple 1) I ate better & 2) Iexercised. CASE CLOSED...but the more I thought about it the more I realized it was more than 2 things....
1. I did cardio at least 3 to 5 days a week.
2. I did strength training at least 2 to 3 days a week.
3. I increased my overall activity....I parked further away in parking lots for extra walking, I opted for stairs instead of elevators, I would go out of my way to take the stairs...for example, if I needed to use the restroom I would walk a couple floors up to the upper level restroom).
4. I counted and recorded my calories.
5. I reduced my calorie intake.
6. I ate better...including reducing my fried food intakes...increased vegetables & salads
7. On days I was not working out, I would eat especially healthier (sometimes lighter). If I ended up having an unnecesary or unplanned extra snack or helping, I would increase my activity or intensity of my workout.
8. I let my inner circle know that I was on a quest to lose weight - their support helped me!
9. I became comfortable with eating out in lighter/healthier way with friends & family...(Just because I am Chili's doesn't mean I have to have appetizers, cheeseburger and fries, and a dessert...I can eat a healthier selection).
10. I bought fitness magazines for tips on healthy eating & workouts and motivational stories of ladies who did it.