Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Cheeseburger Away (145.6lbs)


That delicate balance between making progress and falling behind...that's where I am right now.

There's not too much room for leeway. Workouts need to be challenging, consistent, and full of variety. Meals need to be nutritionally rich and reasonable portion size. Missing a workout or two...Completing a workout or two that doesn't push the envelope...Eating a few meals over the calorie allotment....A dinner with too much sodium..A lunch without that balance of veggies, fruit, carbs, and proteins.

I've been here two other times this year. In January...I hovered around 139-140..so close to my goal weight...And again, in August. There were valid and not so very valid reasons why my weight creeped back up.

I've got to stay focused...Keep challenging myself. Reminding myself of that seemingly all so small extra serving of  - those moments of not pushing hard during the workout  - equates to that one cheeseburger too many.                                                                                                                                        

1 comment:

MissHaneefa said...

Keep at it, but I know what you mean about keeping a balance. I find it hard sometimes, especially on the weekend. I wish you all the best.