Saturday, September 12, 2009

Drumroll Please

September 9th was my birthday.

In late May, I decided that I wanted to be in the 130 -135 range by that date after hitting a high f 160lbs. That would give me just 15 weeks (3 1/2 months) to do it. With an average of 2lbs a week, it was challenging, but doable.I lost 2lbs in 2 weeks with a little bit of exercise and a few changes to my diet. With some more effort, I could certainly make my goal.

So, I added exercising 4 to 6 days a week including cardio & strength training. I decided to meet with a trainer to put together a program for me to follow & workout on my own. After a month and a half of that, I added brisk hour-long walks 3 to 5 days in morning to the other exercise I was doing (above my trainer's recommendations). I also met with my trainer once a month. I also started working with a dietitian. The next month, I started working with my trainer once a week.

15 long weeks! AND AS OF TODAY, I am 144lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I would be so disappointed to not have made goal yet. BUT, I am NOT, I am feeling GREAT!

16 lbs is not an accident, but a mixture of tears, countless fitness and health articles read, two a day workouts, sweat, extra salads, and fewer soda's.

No comments: