Saturday, October 12, 2013

Can't You Feel A Brand New Day? (164.6)

Today was a good day!

Although, I stayed up late watching movies with my nephew until about 2:00 am the night before and then was awakened at 3:30 to drive home a friend who got pulled over for driving on a suspended license, I was determined to get a in a good workout.

So...got up early and went to UHF. Today was the end of the 6 week session workout and it was a great one! We warmed up with suicides. Then, we did 6 rounds of 1 - kettle bell swings 2 - renegade rows 3 - abs on a bosu ball 4 - flipping a 200lb tire 5 - dumbell chops 6 - squats with a jump 7 - running a lap.

I really pushed myself to run without stopping through every lap run. I'm still rebuilding my ankle strength and cardio ability...and I'm pleased with my determination today. My coach even gave me a hug after class to say good job :)

A pic from today's walk - I never feel like I can quite capture the beauty here.

Then I headed over to George Owens Park. It was a beautiful day today! I've really enjoyed these walks at GOP. I did get a little lost today on one of the trails and had to cross through "the woods" to find my way back to the trail. I have to admit I wanted to panic. I was close to finishing my 3 mile walk and was ready to go home and get some lunch...But, I just pushed up and out and through and found a way back to the trail.

I'm up a few pounds from my bday - I relaxed a bit too much on the food and exercise...I have 2 business trips this month that, honestly, I had hope to be slimmer for. I'm gonna work really hard to be at least 159 by November 1st despite my limitations to get to the gym and food I would want.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Wiz - the original broadway production and the movie version. Thursday - I was listening to the soundtrack and Yesterday - my nephew and I watched the movie. This morning on my way to the park - I sang this song to myself. I'm working towards a brand new day - physically, spiritually, emotionally, and financially!





No comments: