Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bummer

Got up early to go to get some laps in the pool. 

I debated if I really wanted to drive the extra distance to the pool or just go to the nearby park and walk a few miles. But, since I didn't make the pool all last week thanks to the rain everyday I thought I should definitely go to the pool.

But, when I got to the pool - the gates were closed. So incredibly frustrating! The pool was supposed to stay open through Labor Day. I quickly checked the pools website on my iphone. According to the newly updated site - starting tomorrow, the pool would now be closed during the week. That doesn't explain why the pool was closed today, but there is no one to complain to.

So, I sucked it up, headed home for some sneakers, and went to the park for an abbreviated walk - frustrated that I had to cut my workout in half thanks to all the time wasted driving back and forth to the pool.

Running laps in the pool has made a huge difference in rehabbing my ankle over the last few weeks. Plus, I've grown to love spending time in the outside pool - mostly in solitude - with the sun shining down on me. With three weeks left until Labor Day, I was really looking forward those laps in the pool.

I never thought I would enjoy water aerobics and pool running as much as I do. I really don't see myself doing water aerobics and pool running in the fall and winter when the weather gets colder...It's a bummer to wrap it up so soon.

I'll might try to squeeze in a pool run here or there when I'm at the independence 24 hour fitness as the one closest to me doesn't have a pool. But that's a 20 minute drive from the house. Honestly, during the summer, I'm rarely at 24. I liked to be out and about in nature or a park.

No comments: