Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pole Dancing Perils

First read about this here.



Sue Ann Wee filed a lawsuit last week against Crunch Fitness chain after she hurt both her shoulders when she slid down a pole and fell to the floor. Wee told an instructor she couldn't hold herself up during an upside-down maneuver, and claims the instructor didn't properly supervise/support her during the pole dancing class.

To read a little more about the story, http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/07/crimesider/entry6067655.shtml

When I shared this story with my friend who checked out the class with me, she said she wanted to sue for how sore we were after. LOL! We were SOOOOOOOO sore after. For days after! In places that shouldn't even be sore!

Anyways...based on the info provided, it sounds like Ms. Wee was in the wrong. Ultimately you are in the best position to determine what your can and can't do in a class.

Interestingly enough...I went upside down a few weeks ago with my instructors help/spotting. I wouldn't have done it w/o her.

What do you think? Who was in the wrong?

P.S. I just love my pole dancing class. I can totally see the importance of being flexible and having good upper body and core strength. It makes me wanna get as fit as I can. My instructor shared that the class can become 'addictive'. I certainly think I might end up doing it more frequently after this beginner's workshop is over.

No comments: